The HLE family always strives for excellence in the industry and, as a result, HLE consistently is recognized as an industry top performer. HLE’s highest achievement was in 1996 when Peter Mendoza received the “Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award” from the Small Business Administration from former President William “Bill” Clinton in a White House ceremony. The Mendoza family was chosen from 22 million other businesses.
As one of the top minority-owned companies in the United States, HLE continues to receive numerous awards and recognitions from various government entities and other private sector organizations. Below, a few of the awards HLE had the pleasure of receiving are highlighted:
- 1996 Young Entrepreneur Award from the U.S. Small Business Association
- 1996 recognition from the 34th House of Representative District for quality
- 1996 recognition from the City of Los Angeles for quality
- 1999 – 2007 Hispanic Lifestyle Magazine top 25 minority-owned businesses in Southern California
- 2005 recognition from the 43rd Congressional District for quality
- 2006 Local Minority Firm of the Year by the U.S. Department of Commerce
- 2006 – 2007 Diversity Business top 50 Fortune 500 companies “small business owners” in the U.S.
- 2007 Inc. 5000 Honoree
- 2008 Top Businesses from Diversity Business
- 2013 California Excellence Award
- Top 50 Organizations for Diversity from Diversity Business
- Recognized as one of 600 top specialty contractors
- Hispanic Business Top 100 largest U.S. Hispanic-owned contractors
- Honored by an article about HLE in the U.S. Builders’ Review
HLE’s performance has gotten positive comments and reviews from their clients over the years as a trusted electrical contractor in California. Here are a few things that clients have to say about HLE:
- “HLE’s performance was outstanding and very responsive to the needs of the project…HLE was very responsive in making the project a great success…Quality work, proactive attitude…One of the best.” Peter Ho, PE of LAN Engineering, Inc.
- “We had some design and construction issues that were dealt with professionally…Helpful in working to complete work in a timely and cost effective manner.” Ryan Bishop of the City of San Marcos Public Works
- “They have grown to be one of the largest contractors in Southern California; this is directly related to their ethics and desire to improve…they treated as as if we were part of the family.” Ryan Thibault of Walters Wholesale Electric
- “I found [HLE] very cooperative and flexible to work with. We looked for solutions to the problems and issues that always arise in the course of any project with the objective of getting done in a timely and cost conscious manner without any disputes and litigation.” Charles R. Fornell, the Deputy Program Manager of the Alameda Corridor Engineering Team
- “Very good experience…[HLE] understands the method of performing the job through in a fast pace..Excellent.” Issac Tabar, Resident Engineer from the Department of Transportation Caltrans
- “The job [HLE’s] people did was the finest piece of workmanship I have ever laid eyes on. I can’t remember a close second…[Their] men should be commended for their craftsmanship.” Michael P. Girardot, former VP of Synchronex